Northaw and Cuffley Bowling club
A Brief History
3 March 1937-inaugural meeting of the Cuffley and Northaw Sports Association (Bowls section). Unusually for those days Ladies were involved in the management of the Club from the beginning.
31 March 1937-it was decided that the Club's name should be Northaw and Cuffley Bowling Club.
The last Saturday in April 1938-the first bowl was put up by Mrs G.Maynard.
November 1943-pavilion erected adjacent to the green.
February 1955- a founder member, Fred Stiles, left a legacy to the Club of £1000 (equivalent to half the price of a modest semi in the district at that time). Among other things, this provided a dressing room.
April 1981-the Pavilion extension was completed under the guidance of HT Trew and LJ Stokely.
April 1988-Ladies new dressing room and toilets opened.
Summer 2012-Club celebrates its 75th Anniversary with a match against The President of Bowls England and a Presidents team from Hertfordshire Bowls.